Slime – its all the boy child talks about these days. I swear I need to purchase stock in glue, because we go through bottles of the stuff weekly. With Avengers: Infinity War hitting theaters April 27th, 2018 I decided to try my hand at making Infinity Gauntlet slime. It may have scored me the “cool mom” award for a few hours.
Making slime is simple. The same basic recipe can be used over and over again with minor changes to make it new. We’re a huge Marvel family, so making Avengers themed slime wasn’t a huge stretch for us. Plus, as a “runner” of the now debunked Infinity Gauntlet challenge runs at Disneyland – I figured this slime was the only way I was getting my hands on all of the infinity stones.
What you need for slime:
- 1 4oz bottle of glue*
- Yellow food coloring
- Pearl Ex powder pigment
- Bag of “infinity stones” – I bought mine from Amazon
- Contact solution that contains boric acid
- Baking soda
Making Infinity Gauntlet Slime
- Dump the bottle of glue into your bowl
- Mix in 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 tablespoon baking soda together
- Stir in water/baking soda mixture with glue
- Add in food coloring until you achieve your desired color
- Mix some Pearl Ex in to give it that gauntlet shine
- Add 1-2 tablespoon contact solution (*4-5 tablespoons if using clear glue)
- Stir it together until it starts to get clumpy
- Throw in some jewels and knead with your hands to form your slime.
One Mom’s Tip: I used clear glue, which made it so I had to increase the contact solution to 5 tablespoons.
I made this while the Monster was in school and he was thoroughly impressed. And I know it was cool, because he sat down and instantly started playing with it instead of grabbing the X-box controller!