Disney Imagineers set out to make Batuu a fully immersive experience for all five of your senses. So that includes the dining and drinking establishments around Black Spire Outpost. This is a new planet and the dining options at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are as unique as the characters. To help all visitors, I’ve put together a quick and easy guide of where to eat at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland Resort and opens on August 29, 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Where to Eat and Drink in Galaxy’s Edge
The biggest hurdle – the food options are not your traditional Disney Park fare. Which is amazing for a Star Wars fan, because I can see how much thought went into bringing this planet to life. But it’s scary for a picky eater… And I have a family full of those, myself included. But I’ve gotten better as I’ve gotten older! Just want to clear that up now.
I have been lucky enough to visit Batuu at Disneyland Resort as part of the media preview and the one at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as part of the Disney World Annual Passholders preview. And I have tried just about every food options available on Batuu. And most of the offerings are interesting, to say the least. I’ve only tried one drink at Oga’s Cantina but I plan on being a regular, so I can try them all!
Oga’s Cantina is the place where no one knows your name and that’s exactly how it should be! It’s where smugglers, scoundrels, and other unsavory characters like to hang out and wet their whistle before dashing back to their fighter jets.
- Rising Moon Overnight Oats – Oats, Dragon Fruit, Yogurt, and Seasonal Fruit
- Mustafarian Lava Roll – sweet galactic delight
- Bloody Rancor – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, and Rancor Bone
- Spiran Caf – Peru Alto Mayo Organic Joffrey’s Coffee®, Orange Marmalade, Gosling’s 151 Rum, Vanilla Whipped Cream, and Citrus Zest
- Blue Bantha -Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie (contains tree nuts: coconut)
- Black Spire Brew – Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee®, Honey, Falernum, Passion Fruit, and Citrus
- Moogan Tea – Gold Peak® Unsweetened Tea, Chocolate Milk, Vanilla, and Cinnamon
- Tarine Tea – Gold Peak® Unsweetened Tea, Peach, Huckleberry, and Mint
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Caffe Latte
- Double Espresso
- Bespin Fizz – Bacardí Superior Rum, Yuzu Purée, Pomegranate Juice, White Cranberry Juice, and a Cloud Swirl
- The Outer Rim – Patrón Silver Tequila, Cedilla Açaí Liqueur, Lime Juice, Pure Cane Sugar, with Black Salt and Exotic Fruit Purée
- Dagobah Slug Slinger – Herradura Reposado Tequila, Bols Blue Curaçao, Citrus Juices, Ginger, Herbs, and Bitters
- Fuzzy Tauntaun – Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and “Buzz Button Tingling” Foam
- T-16 Skyhopper – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bols Melon Liqueur, Kiwi, and Half and Half
- Jedi Mind Trick – Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose Vodka, John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum, Bols Blue Curaçao, White Grape Juice, Lime Juice, and Grapefruit Bitters
- Jet Juice – Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Cedilla Açaí Liqueur, White Grape Juice, and Lemon Juice
- Yub Nub served in a souvenir Endor mug – Malibu Pineapple Rum, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Citrus Juices, and Passion Fruit
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie (contains tree nuts: coconut)
- Carbon Freeze – POWERADE® Lemon Lime, Wild Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Apple Popping Pearls
- Black Spire Brew – Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee®, Honey, Falernum, Passion Fruit, and Citrus
- Blurrgfire – Odwalla® Lemonade, Pomegranate Juice, and Habanero-Lime
- Jabba Juice – Simply® Orange with Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, and Blueberry Popping Pearls
- Cliff Dweller served in a souvenir Porg mug – Citrus Juices, Coconut, Hibiscus-Grenadine, and Seagram’s® Ginger Ale
- Hyperdrive (Punch It!) – POWERADE® Mountain Berry Blast, White Cranberry Juice, Black Cherry Purée, and Sprite®
Provisions with Alcohol
- Rodian Ration – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Dekuyper Pucker Sour Apple, Green Apple, Sprite®, and Boba Balls with a Pop
Provisions without Alcohol
- Oga’s Obsession – Odwalla® Lemonade, Cotton Candy Flavor, Blueberry Popping Pearls with a Bursting Dried Fruit Mixture
- Batuu Bits (Disney World) – Crispy Galaxy Snack Bits with Spiced Chermoula Dip
- Batuu Bits (Disneyland) – A Light Crisp Snack Mix from the Galaxy
Oga’s also has beer, cider and wine on tap. And most noteworthy is the Rancor Beer Flight Souvenir Board with Four Teeth that comes with a sampling of all four beers. But be prepared to pay big for that souvenir board as it is a whopping $75.
I’ve only had the Fuzzy Tauntaun and there was so much of the “Buzz Button Tingling” foam on top, I could barely taste the drink. And the foam – not good.
You will catch a whiff of the barbeque cooking before you see the droid turning the spit of meats. Ronto Roasters is a small quick service with a short and sweet menu.
- Nuna Turkey Jerky – Your Choice of Spicy or Sweet
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats – Oats, Dragon Fruit, Yogurt and Season Fruit
- Ronto Morning Wrap – Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Pork Sausage, Shredded Cheddar, Peppercorn Sauce and Tangy Slaw wrapped in Pita Bread
- Nuna Turkey Jerky – Choice of Spicy or Sweet
- Ronto Wrap – Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce and Tangy Slaw wrapped in Pita Bread
Drinks (available all day)
- Coruscant Cooler – Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, Cranberry and Lime Juice.
- Sour Sarlacc – Minute Maid limeade, raspberry and spicy mango
- Tatooine Sunset – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla Lemonade, Melon and Blueberry
- Trandoshan Ale – Concrete Beach Brewery – Draft Spiced Wheat Ale
We tried the Nuna Turkey Jerky and no one was a fan. But I loved the Ronto Wrap! It does have a spicy kick, so if you’re not a fan of spicy you may want to skip it.
The Tatoonie Sunset is delish! I could have sipped on it all day… And it would have been spectacular with a little dash or two of vodka!
The Milk Stand
We’ve all been wondering what blue and green milk tastes like since watching Luke Skywalker drinking both… Now, we have the opportunity to see what the hype is all about.
And honestly, it was a one and done for me. Blue milk wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t great either. I felt the green milk was just plain nasty. But I’ve heard there are some people that love it. So, try it and share your thoughts – I’d love to hear them!
- Blue Milk – Plant-Based Dairy Coconut and Rice Milk Blend with tropical flavors
- Green Milk – Plant-Based Dairy Coconut and Rice Milk Blend with citrus and floral flavors
- Bubo Wamba Family Farms Light-Up Souvenir Sipper – Filled with Your Choice of Blue or Green Milk
Disney World ONLY
- Blue Milk Cooler – Blue Milk with Bacardi Rum
- Green Milk Cooler – Green Milk with Corazon Blanco Tequila
Kat Saka’s Kettle
Serving up a unique sweet and spicy popcorn snack, Kat Saka’s Kettle is the place to get a delicious snack! But don’t go thinking you get to choose which popcorn you get. Nope, grain vendor, Kat Saka, has a motto of “Pop it together, eat it together”
I LOVE this popcorn mix! But a word of advice – eat it quickly, if you’re in Florida… The humidity takes a toll on the vibrant colors and soon your fingers will be a wonderful shade of red and purple along with the popcorn sticking together.
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
Docking Bay 7 is the only counter service restaurant in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. And it has the most food options including a full allergy-friendly menu.
I have tried all of the food options on the dinner menu at Disneyland. Literally everything. And some items I wish I hadn’t. My favorites were the Braised Shaak Roast, the Smoked Kaadu Ribs and the Oi-Oi Puff. Amiyrah, from 4 Hats and Frugal, swears by the Ithorian Garden Loaf.
Now for your picky eaters – the Fried Endorian Tip-Yip is a large piece of chicken fried in a simple breading. And Tania, from Lola Lambchops, loved the Mac & Cheese that comes with the kids option.
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats – Oats, Dragon Fruit, Yogurt, Seasonal Fruit
- Mustafarian Lava Roll – Sweet Galactic Delight
- ONLY at Disney World – Bright Suns Morning – Three-Cheese Egg Bite, Pork Sausage, Purple Potato Hash, Mini Mustafarian Lava Roll
- ONLY at Disney World – Bright Suns Youngling Breakfast – Scrambled Egg, Purple Potatoes, and Seasonal fresh Fruit served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
Lunch and Dinner Menu
- Smoked Kaadu Ribs – Sticky Pork Ribs, Blueberry Corn Muffin, Cabbage Slaw
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – Chilled Shrimp, Marinated Noodles, Vegetables
- Fried Endorian Tip-Yip – Fried Chicken, Roasted Vegetable Potato Mash, Herb Gravy
- Roasted Endorian Tip-Yip Salad – Marinated Chicken, Mixed Greens, Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Quinoa, Pumpkin Seeds, Green Curry Ranch
- Braised Shaak Roast – Beef Pot Roast, Cavatelli Pasta, Wilted Kale, Mushrooms (available ONLY at dinner at Disneyland)
- Felucian Garden Spread – Plant-Based “Kefta”, Herb Hummas, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, Pita (available ONLY at lunch at Disneyland)
- ONLY AT Disneyland at Dinner – Ithorian Garden Loaf – Plant-based “Meatloaf”, Roasted Vegetable Potato Mash, Seasonal Vegetables, Mushroom Sauce
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – Chilled Shrimp, Noodles, Vegetables, and Sweet Orange Dressing served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
- A Taste of Takodana – Black Bean Hummus, Edible Soil with Nuts, Chilled Dipping Vegetables, and Multigrain Crisps served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
- Fried Endorian Tip-Yip – Crispy Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, and Seasonal Vegetables served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water
- Batuu-bon – Chocolate Cake, White-Chocolate Mousse, Coffee Custard
- Oi-Oi Puff – Raspberry Crème Puff and Passion Fruit Mousse
Non-Alcoholic Specialty Beverages
- Moof Juice – Simply® Fruit Punch, Simply® Orange with Pineapple, Chipotle-Pineapple
ONLY at Disney World
- Sour Sarlacc – Minute Maid® Limeade with Raspberry and Spicy Mango
ONLY at Disneyland
- Phattro – Gold Peak® Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla® Lemonade, Desert Pear
- Batuubucha Tea – Suja® Pineapple Passionfruit Kombucha™
I still have a few things to try before I can say I’ve done it all, but I’m pretty dang close!